Disqus offers features that are far greater than just adding a comment box in your WordPress or other web content, blogs, blog posts or other articles. One such notable feature is showing related discussions right after your final comment. This feature displays as “Also on <your-site-name>”. Although it allows people to discover more related content, not everyone wants it there. But thankfully, it is easy to remove the discovery feature in Disqus from displaying under your comment box.
The settings in the new Disqus interface has changed. You won’t find tabs like before and every setting is available within three sub-settings: Installation, Basic and Advanced. You want to visit the Basic sub-setting and find an option that says “Discovery ☑ Show links to discussions taking place on your site in the Discovery box” and turn it off by unchecking the checkbox.
Here are the detailed steps with screenshots:
- Login to Disqus.com using the right credentials.
- Click on the gear icon and then on Admin to get redirected to your administration dashboard (https://disqus.com/admin/).
- From the top menu, click on Settings.
- Under Basic, find the Discovery option and uncheck “Show links to discussions taking place on your site in the Discovery box.”
- Click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Now you will see that your comment box on your website will purely display comments and comments only. There won’t be links to any other content that are within or outside your website or network.