If you are looking to simplify the process of installing WordPress in your HostMonster hosting account, then use their automated installation service known as Mojo Marketplace. It is a free tool that will start an automated process for WordPress installation. All you have to do is follow the web based installation steps. You don’t have to manually upload files, create databases and link them up.
The first thing that you need to do is login to your HostMonster cPanel which is usually accessed through http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel.
After logging in, you can use the Install WordPress link under website builders or One-Click Installs link under mojo marketplace. What we’re trying to do is open up the online WordPress installer.
Here are the detailed steps to perform an automated installation of WordPress in HostMonster web hosting:
- Access the WordPress Installer or One-Click Installs as shown in the screenshots above.Open up the WordPress installer if you haven’t already
In One-Click installs it is listed under Blogs & Website Builders, right at the top.
- Under Do it yourself (Free), you will find the Install button. Click on it.
- Choose a domain name, sub-domain or sub-directory for the installation. Click on the Check Domain button.
- Once the check is successful, you’ll be taken to the last step. Check on Show advanced options check box.
Enter the following site details:
- Site Name or Title: Input the name of your website.
- Admin Username: Enter the username that you’ll use to administer the website.
- Admin Password: The password for your administrator account.
Note: These details can be changed later except for the admin username.
- Also, check the “I have read the terms and conditions of the GPLv2”.
- Click on Install Now button to begin the installation.
Once the installation is complete, you will be redirected to the completion confirmation page. On that page, you will find your WordPress installations listed along with some themes that you can buy from the Mojo Marketplace.
Click on View Credentials to see the login and password. You’ll also get an email with the same information in your HostGator’s admin or main email address—the email that you signed up with. The same email will be used as your admin email for WordPress.